We specialize in the following industries:
Austin is full of incredible job opportunities for many professionals, and it’s essential that you fully understand all the benefits offered to you. At Stone Wealth Management, we’re passionate about educating our clients in financial literacy and ensuring you are maximizing all financial and employment benefits available.
This might include evaluating retirement plans (are different types offered, which should you be contributing to, what are the pros and cons or each, how much should you be contributing), executive compensation, pension benefits, and tax planning.
Additionally, many tech companies in Austin also provide stock options to their employees. We can help you navigate and understand, as you land a new job or switch jobs, everything you’re entitled to.
As your full-service financial partner, we’ll start by understanding where you’re working, what your income is, what your benefits are, if you have any executive compensation (ex. stock options or deferred compensation), or pension benefits. Additionally, we’ll discuss benefit selections, long-term disability, short-term disability, health care coverage, 401k investments, etc. to develop a full-encompassing financial plan customized to meet your specific needs and goals.
Stone Wealth Management provides financial planning and wealth management to tech industry professionals with stock options.
Stock options and taxes can be confusing, and sometimes overwhelming. The shares granted to you in the form of incentive stock options (ISO), restricted stock units (RSU), Employer Stock Purchase Plans (ESPP), or Non-Qualified Stock Options (NQSO) could turn into a large amount of wealth. But that same great opportunity could also cost be eroded by poor planning and unnecessary taxes.
Additionally, one of the most common concentrations of wealth people have are large or concentrated stock holdings in a single company. Owning a large stock position creates investment and planning challenges. We’ll assess your concentrated stock position and evaluate the long-term impacts and if needed, develop strategies to protect your wealth over time.
Some key executives may be offered and qualify for a deferred compensation plan where a portion of your pay is withheld until a later time, usually retirement. This gives you the option to put funds into a separate account which defers taxes, usually gives you a choice on when to take the compensation, whether a certain age or retirement, and helps executives reduce current year taxes while saving for retirement.
It’s important to understand the full details and risks involved when choosing to opt into a deferred compensation plan.
- Is the plan qualified or non-qualified?
- What tax advantages & disadvantages come with deferred compensation plans?
- What amount should you defer?
- What does all this mean in relationship to your retirement plan?
There are so many details, possibilities and contingencies when it comes to deferred compensation plans. This is why it’s so important to work with someone you trust who takes the time to review your options and assist you in making the best decisions. Find an advisor who can help deepen your level of understanding, and then ask the important questions. The time you invest doing so is as important as the financial investments you make.
As your Wealth Manager, we’re not just managing your investments– we’re a full-service financial planning partner. We’ll dive deep into your compensation package and help you mitigate risk and as well as understand all benefits available and make decisions to maximize your financial success.
- Life Insurance
- We’ll assist to make sure you’re properly insured in the event of your death so that whoever is dependable on you is taken care of in the event of tragic circumstances.
- Disability Insurance
- The biggest money earner that you have is yourself – so if you become disabled and can no longer work, we want to make sure you’re properly insured so that you can get some sort of compensation should you no longer be able to earn a wage in the same capacity as you are now.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- HSAs offer several benefits: not only tax-free spending for medical expenses in the short-term, but also saving for longer-term retirement & medical expenses.. Additionally, we’ll help understand if your employer has a company match program on contributions so you can maximize your savings.
From taxes to investments, insurance to stock options, we can help you get organized and build wealth - Contact Alex today!
Get to know our subject matter expert
Alex Garcia, CFP®
- Financial Planning for Professionals
- Executive Compensation Plans
- Stock Option Plan Analysis
- Student Loan Analysis
- Cash Flow Planning & Budgeting
- Retirement Planning
- Life Insurance Needs